The team at Fairmount Benefits is looking for a new Benefit Data Specialist. Join our team by reading the job description below and then following the link to apply.
||Benefit Data Specialist
|The Benefit Data Specialist supports benefit administration portal and client management by assisting with group enrollment, renewal processes and additional administrative functions that are designed to improve and enhance workflows, timeliness, and client responsiveness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Prepare various spreadsheets using Excel and other software programs.
- Update policy information for all accounts and policies
- Assists with renewals and new business
- Provides excellent service to customers concerning their enrollment needs, and ancillary questions via phone, fax, email or face-to-face contact. Activities will include but are not limited to:
- Contact the client for additional or missing information.
- Follow up with the carrier to obtain status updates.
- Processing of all group enrollment forms, change forms and ancillary requests (once missing information is received).
- Thorough documentation of all calls/emails, work effort and related problem resolution in the group service tickets.
- Ensure the protection and security of a consumer’s personal, confidential, and identifiable information in a professional and responsible manner, according to the standards and requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Contribute to overall team goals and objectives through team participation and the sharing of individual skills and strengths.
- Participate in the maintenance and upkeep of the CRM system.
- Perform other ad hoc duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Requirements:
- Proficient in Microsoft suite including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong attention to detail
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Self-motivated, flexible, and disciplined
- Ability to work independently as well as in team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
- Strong time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Expert listening skills and ability to identify customer needs and identify appropriate issue resolution
|Education, Training and Experience:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, required
- Prior experience in broker agency or benefit administration firm, preferred
- Familiarity with insurance carrier websites, preferred
- Proven track record in customer service; preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
- Minimum college degree or 2+ years of applicable job experience will be considered
- Familiarity with database applications, a plus